Skip to content
Go to Top
After the project, a techno-economically viable and environmentally friendly lignin upgrading technology will be ready for commercial scale installations.
- To be integrated into lignocellulosic biorefineries, and/or operated as a stand-alone unit by the chemical industry
- Applicable to a wide range of lignin side-streams originating from different European raw materials and processes
Within one to three years after the project, a new sustainable and cost-competitive lignin based high-performance concrete plasticizer will enter the market.
- Lower cost biobased alternative to the currently used high-cost synthetic polycarboxylates
- Better technical performance compared to the lignosulphonates
- Increased share of biobased products, and the LigniOx concrete plasticizers covering at least 0.8Mt/a market volume after 10 years
After the first target market, versatile high-performance LigniOx dispersants for wide range of applications to be readily developed.